Thursday 30 April 2015

fashion shoot shoot 10 - work diary

Fashion shoot - work diary:

In today's shoot i decided to do a shoot at home and go to field by my house and photograph fashion using my own personal items. In this shoot I attempted to evidence different styles and used different clothes and poses to try and do so. I found that this shoot went well as i am happy with how the images came out and believe that i was able to produce some of my best images. I feel that the shoot fits in with my topic, but moves away from some of my previous shoots. The connection to evidence is still there but i have been able to show some diverse in my photos while sticking to evidence.


The image above is an example from my shoot. In the image i have positioned the model in the middle of the frame so that the she becomes the main focus of the image. The trees in the background give an atmosphere to the image and fills the frame. The use of tone in this image allows the hat in the image to standout. This is one of the ways i attempted to show fashion in this shoot and i think it was effective as the fashion item clearly stands out.


The image above the main fashion item stands out more than the model, in doing this the idea of fashion becomes more important than the actual person in the image. The use of tone in this image  helps the shall to standout as the different colours in it become different shades of grey white and black. By placing my model where i did, i was able to take a different approach to the fashion shoot by have have in a more relaxed pose with the shall around her as it normally would be in a everyday way. By doing this the use of the clothing doesn't actually specify what the shoot is for but the clothes still standout.

Progression:
This shoot has helped me to develop my composition and consider my use of the formal element tone. From this shoot i have seen i need to be more considerate of the backgrounds of my images as i found that some of the photos had elements in them that spoiled the whole photo. In future shoots i am going to be considerate of this to create images to the best of my ability. 


No comments:

Post a Comment